If your family, like ours, is a fan of the Harry Potter universe, there's a good chance that your young wizard or witch will one day want a birthday filled with magic. From potion classes to dressing up, here are some ideas to create an unforgettable children's party.
Determine a dress code: Provide your guests with glasses featuring their favorite wizard's likeness, as well as capes or accessories in the colors of their house. They will be instantly transported into the wizarding world. Of course, we strongly recommend that you also join in the fun and dress up as a professor in your favorite discipline!
Sort the Houses: Kick off the party with a sorting ceremony to determine the house of each young wizard present. Several sorting quizzes are available online. You could also create your own quiz or simply write the house names on small pieces of paper and distribute them randomly among the participants.
- Magical Potion Class: Conduct a potion-making class using the playful potion kits crafted by Les Petits Sorciers. You'll find everything you need to create a potion that bubbles and fizzes upon contact with water. Feel free to add other household ingredients to enhance the fun. Colored water can transform into vampire blood, and green lentils can become dragon scales! [Link to https://lespetitssorciers.com]"
- Quidditch Match: Easily adapt this popular sport with a few household items. Use hula hoops to create the goals and pool noodles as magical broomsticks! Divide the children into two teams and let them have fun playing outdoors.
- Magic Wand Making: Let the children search for the best branches to make magical wands. Cut them into the desired size and let them decorate with feathers, ribbons, paint, or markers.
- Horcrux Hunting: Hide images of these mischievous objects everywhere and provide your young wizards with a list of items to find.
- Herbalism class: What child doesn't love playing in the dirt? Organize an herbology class where apprentice wizards will learn to repot a plant into a new pot! They'll also have a lovely souvenir to take home.